- Food Type : Other
Please apply on the website
The job of Food Service II was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the dining service activities at assigned locations with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving food items to students, staff, and visitors while maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent; experience in short order cooking; food service equipment, food handling procedures and cash handling procedures is required.
Physical Conditions and Demands:
Moderate to heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs.; constant standing, bending, and walking; exposure to temperature extremes, slippery surfaces, congested work areas, and potentially dangerous equipment, tools and machinery; exposure to various types of food.
- Supervises student employees assigned to the area with regards to portioning, customer services and food safety procedures. Reports issues to the Manager on Duty.
- Follows procedures for the proper storage of leftover food and potentially hazardous food items.
- Prepares and pre-portions all food products designated for cooking in accordance with food safety specifications and company recipes.
- Sets up line areas and collects necessary supplies to prepare menu for service.
- Proficiently utilizes a wide range of kitchen tools and utensils, including knives.
- Receives and stores food requisitions and supplies.
- Processes phone orders and assists customers.
- Assists in catering and special functions.
- Assists in maintaining production records in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Cleans food preparation and production areas as assigned.
- Responsible for the operation and cleanliness of the Unit and equipment.
- Operation of cash register and cash-ups.
- Replenishes product as needed to include ice machine, ice cream machine, etc.
- Sweeps and mops work areas as needed.
- Reports any equipment and service problems as necessary.
- Reports any deficiencies or problems with any food or supplies.
- Prepares catering or special event food items as necessary.
- Must attend food safety training as scheduled.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.